There are many ways to deliver instructor-led, self-paced, or social learning enablement:
- Face-to-face classroom learning
- Learning in a virtual classroom
- Accessing online learning content
- Exercises, webinars, social collaboration, and blogs
- On-the-job coaching with a key user or colleague
Play the next video to learn how you can deliver enablement. The video covers the topics:
- Methods of delivery
- Blended learning
- Hands-on learning
- Learning evaluation
In the video, we recommend a blended learning approach that combines several of the mentioned delivery methods. You learned about multi-modal content and ensuring that you can use the same content block in various delivery methods (as needed).
People are enabled through the following perceptual channels:
- Visual learning, such as images or videos
- Auditory learning, such as listening to instruction
- Reading and writing, such as reading instructions or taking notes
- Kinesthetic learning, such as hands-on learning
Think about where the enablement content will be stored, how it will be structured, and how the same piece of content can be reused in different scenarios.
Avoid re-creating the same content in slightly different ways for different methods of deployment. The delivery phase is when content is deployed to the correct delivery channels.
The Trainer Skill Set
As a trainer, Tia is responsible for delivering face-to-face and virtual training. She can also support self-paced and social learning phases.
Play the video to learn what skills Tia needs. The video covers the topics:
- Trainer skill-set
- Enablement delivery hints
Various enablement methods need various delivery channels. Grace, the enablement lead, must consider them in the enablement planning phase.
Play the next video to learn more about the topics:
- Publishing content
- Virtual delivery tips
- Scheduling learning events
- Hands-on delivery
- Learning evaluation
Now, It´s Your Turn!
Take a few minutes to think about your preferred delivery methods in your projects, considering the specific needs of your target group.
- Which delivery methods are appropriate? Which are not? Why?
- What can help you to make your enablement delivery successful? Are there any hurdles? How do you plan to overcome them?