Single cycle plans are used to manage the service of machines and operational systems, which are always inspected and/or maintained in the same way, at fixed intervals.
Some examples of a single cycle plans are as follows:
- Annual inspection of fire extinguishers
- Technical inspection every two years
- Inspection of boilers every six years as per pressure vessel regulations
The maintenance plan is composed of scheduling data and maintenance items, and is used for automatically generating maintenance call objects. In SAP S/4HANA Service, the maintenance call object service order is currently available.
The scheduling data contains the following information:
- Cycle or service interval
- Scheduling parameters for fine-tuning scheduling
- List of planned dates and call dates
A Maintenance Item contains the following information:
- Reference Object
- Service Contract and Service Contract Item
- Service Order Template
- Service Order Type
- Object List
A Maintenance Plan can have one or more Maintenance Items. For example, in pump service, one Maintenance Item refers to the pump transmission with the corresponding Service Order Template. Another Maintenance Item refers to the pump motor with the corresponding Service Order Template.
Create a Single Cycle Plan with call object Service Order
In the following you will find out how to create a Single Cycle Plan with call object Service Order.