After familiarizing herself with the SAP Ariba Dashboard, Monique would like to make some changes to her user profile.
User Profile and Preferences
When a user account is created, site administrators assign mandatory data to the profile, such as email address, phone number, base language or currency. When signing in for the first time, the user takes ownership of the account and is then able to make changes to their profile.
The preferences that are available depend on the SAP Ariba solution configured on the realm.
You can view and edit preferences by clicking the user initials in the upper right corner of the page and selecting one of the following preferences:
Changing Password and Secret Question
The way you log in to your SAP Ariba solution, and whether you can change the password for your SAP Ariba solution, depends on how your organization has implemented login authentication.
There are three possible methods of authentication:
- Corporate authentication: Users log in to their SAP Ariba solution using the same user name and password as their corporate identity. This requires SAP Ariba solution user names to be the same as the corporate user names. Users cannot change their passwords in their SAP Ariba solution.
- Corporate authentication with single sign-on (SSO): This is a remote authentication mechanism wherein users simply log in to their corporate network, which automatically logs them in to their solution from SAP Ariba when needed. Users cannot change their passwords in their SAP Ariba solution.
- Application authentication: Users have user names and passwords that they manually enter on the login page of their SAP Ariba solutions. The customer administrator maintains the user names and passwords. However, users can change their passwords and secret questions.
This unit covers the third option.
- In the upper right corner of the dashboard, click your name and select Preferences ＞ Change password. The Change Password dialog box opens.
- Enter your current password in the Current Password field.
- Enter a new password in the New Password field and the New Password (confirmed) field. Click OK.
- Passwords are case-sensitive and can include Latin characters, special characters and numerals.
Passwords must be between 12 and 32 characters long.
- Passwords must include at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, one numeral, and one special character.
If your organization does not use corporate authentication, you can configure a secret question and answer for retrieving your SAP Ariba password.
- In the upper right corner of the dashboard, click your name and select Preferences ＞Change Secret Question.
The Change Secret Question/Answer dialog box opens.
- Enter the answer to the current question in the Current Secret Answer field.
- Select a new secret question from the New Secret Question pull-down menu.
- Enter an answer to the secret question in the New Secret Answer field, and click OK.
The answer to the secret question must contain at least 5 characters.