You can use this feature to add custom fields to the standard fields. You can add custom fields to various business contexts such as marketing, contacts, and interaction contacts.
Create and assign custom fields using the Custom Fields app or the Marketing Extensibility app. The Marketing Extensibility app has a link to navigate to the Custom Fields app. It is also possible to clean up your unwanted custom fields even if they are transported to the production tenant. Delete the custom fields after removing all the usages in the quality system and then transport these changes to the production system
Once you have created your custom field, you should assign a custom field to segmentation in order to see the new custom field in the segmentation builder.
Follow the steps to use a custom field in segmentation:
- First, launch the Marketing Extensibility app and navigate to the Assign to Segmentation app under the Custom Field section.
- Ensure that custom fields are enabled for the segmentation object in which you want to use the custom field.
- Select Configure Custom Field Visibility for the object you want to make custom fields visible in for segmentation or export. This action takes you to the Assigned Data Source configuration for the segmentation object.
- Find the custom fields you want to see in the segmentation object and adjust the visibility settings.
- Export the custom fields, generated custom field views, segmentation object, and segmentation data source from the quality system.
- Import the custom fields, generated custom field views, segmentation object, and segmentation data source into your production system.
- Finally, use the custom fields in Segmentation.