Roles and Responsibilities
To guarantee success, your organization's resources will need to work closely with SAP and your partner to support this project. The effort from resource allocation dedicated to this project will have an immediate effect on enablement success.
The different roles and their responsibilities involved in the deployment process are:
Project Sponsor (Customer)
The Project Sponsor owns the project and provides resources and support for the project in order to enable its success. The Project Sponsor helps conceive the project and advocate for it.
Project Manager (Partner and Customer)
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing and directing the completion of tasks while ensuring projects are on time, on budget and within scope.
Trading Partner Enablement Lead (Customer)
The Trading Partner Enablement Lead is an important role, collaborating with Trading Partners to enable interaction via the Network. The Trading Partner Enablement Lead will drive the Customer towards their project goals.
Business Process/Integration Expert (Partner and Customer)
The Business Process Expert/Integration Expert is responsible for driving and influencing the functional and technical design decisions.
Change Manager (Customer)
The Change Manager assesses the impact of changes on the business process, policy, organization and end users. Develops and executes change management plan with responsibilities.
Buyer Account Administrator (Customer)
The Buyer Account Administrator is responsible for managing and maintaining the Buyer accounts within SAP Business Network, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information. They play a key role in resolving any account-related issues and assisting in the onboarding of new resources to the account.
Customer Success Partner (SAP)
The Customer Success Partner supports the delivery of sold services and monitor client satisfaction.
Business Network Project Manager (SAP)
The Business Network Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning, organization and execution. They also ensure knowledge sharing on Trading Enablement.
Business Network Buyer Integrator (SAP)
The Business Network Buyer Integrator provides support on technical design decisions and is involved in configuration and testing of the solution. The Buyer Integrator leads the Integration Implementation with configurations, best-practices and learning materials.
Focus on the Trading Partner Lead role:
- Single focus for day-to-day enablement project management.
- Coordinates supplier data collection.
- Creates and approves supplier communications and education content.
- Participates in regular project status calls.
- Reinforces solution compliance with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Acts as primary point of contact to monitor the generic customer email inbox.
- Coordinates enablement related cutover activities with Tech Lead.
- Main contact for seller integration project coordination.
- Escalates risks and major roadblocks to Project Sponsor/Program Manager.
Focus on the Business Process/Integration Expert role:
- Focuses on the technical integration.
- Makes the systems available to SAP.
- Is responsible for the quality and upload of the Buyer’s ERP Master Data.
- Is responsible for the cut-over activities in the productive ERP system.
At this point, if you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to your SAP Account Executive.