SAP Business Network for Procurement Buyer Account proposes a pre-defined list of reporting templates that can enrich the data available in generated reports from the Buyer’s ERP or other SAP Ariba modules. The Buyer Account reports up-to-date information about Trading Partner relationship status, transactional status, and Supplier Accounts.
Report templates are only accessible to users with the right permissions. There are different permissions for different reports. If multiple individuals in the buying-organization hold reporting permissions, SAP recommends coordinating the internal reporting process as changes made by one user will affect reporting for all other users.
When creating a report, Buyers take usage of the available report templates and can set up parameters depending on the preferred details:
- All Trading Partners vs. selected Trading Partners.
- Scheduled vs. manual reporting.
- Further criteria depending on the reporting type (Trading Partner country, wave assignment, Supplier Groups, etc.)
Users finalize the modified reporting template version, and the system processes the required data – either for direct download or a scheduled report sent via email. SAP Business Network for Procurement then generates a report file in CSV (comma separated value) format, with UTF-8 encoding, and overwrites the last report run from that template. Buyer Account users view and download reports to their local drive to save a record of their account activity over time. SAP Business Network for Procurement proposes a pre-defined list of reporting templates, that enrich the data you may already have from existing reports from your ERP or other SAP Ariba modules. SAP Business Network for Procurement reports up-to-date information about Supplier relationships and Supplier accounts.
Scheduled vs. Manual Reports:
- Scheduled reports provide data pre-defined by the user in the selected report type template. For example, a Purchase Order report template can be modified to review transactions for only selected Trading Partners, or to specify Purchase Orders with a specific amount range, etc. The report is sent automatically to the email address specified in the report template by the user and on pre-selected times (daily, weekly, specific days).
- Manual reports can be run at any time directly on the Buyer Account interface. Newly created or already available report templates can be modified by the user before downloading. For instance, to change the required data and/or time range. SAP Business Network for Procurement collects information based on the saved criteria within the report template. The exact timing of a report run might vary depending on the queue and volume of required data, but the coverage period will always be the same.
To learn more about how to create, manage and review the data provided in reports, watch this video: Ariba Network Buyer Reports (ondemand.com)
Warning message: SAP Ariba Network has been rebranded recently to SAP Business Network for Procurement.